Although they vary greatly from each person to his or her accident, personal injuries have several things in common: they can take a major toll on a person’s physical and mental health as well as impact daily activities.
1. Premise Liability Injuries
Premise liability injuries occur when you’re on someone else’s property and suffer an injury due to the owner’s negligence. These types of injuries can take place anywhere from a grocery store to your friend’s home.
Generally, the following factors must be present for an injury to be considered a premise liability injury:
- There was a dangerous condition the owner knew about.
- There was a dangerous condition the owner failed to repair.
- There was an injury due to the dangerous condition.
A skilled attorney with experience in premise liability injury cases can work to prove each of these three factors.
2. Brain Injuries
There are two main kinds of brain injuries:
- Traumatic Brain Injuries: Also known as TBI, these brain injuries generally occur when a person’s head comes into sudden contact with another hard surface. Often, TBI occurs during motor vehicle accidents, sporting accidents, and slip and falls.
- Acquired Brain Injuries: Usually, these injuries deal with factors such as oxygen deprivation and exposure to toxic chemicals. These kinds of brain injuries can develop due to traumatic births, near-drowning experiences, and medical malpractice.
3. Spinal Cord Injuries
The spinal cord plays a huge role in most all forms of human mobility. Unfortunately, people suffer spinal cord injuries every day. Some are treatable, even if only slightly whereas others leave the victims paralyzed for life.
Like many personal injury cases, spinal cord injuries can take place during situations such as:
- Motor vehicle accidents.
- Slips and falls.
- Physical assaults.
- Medical malpractice.
- Workplace accidents.
4. Burn Injuries
Obviously, burn injuries affect the skin at varying levels of severity; however, not everyone realizes burn injuries can also affect a person’s organs, respiratory system, circulatory system, and nervous system.
A wide array of events can cause burn injuries, from building fires and cooking fires to car accidents and defective tanning beds.
5. Wrongful Death
Unfortunately, sometimes personal injuries result in wrongful death cases.
Although not all personal injuries that result in death are wrongful death cases, some that might be can include:
- Motor vehicle accidents, including accidents with motorcycles and “big rig” or company trucks, or even those that involve pedestrians, bicycles, and public transportation.
- Accidents that involve defective equipment or other products.
- Medical malpractice.
Contact the Law Team at Fetterman & Associates, PA
If you’ve suffered any type of personal injury, contact the law team at Fetterman & Associates, PA right away. Serving the Palm Beach and Port St. Lucie areas, we work hard to make sure the parties responsible for your personal injuries pay you the compensation you deserve – and need as soon as possible. Call us at 561-845-2510 or contact us online to schedule your free case evaluation today.