Call Us for a Free Case Evaluation


Q: My fiancée was seriously hurt in a drunk driving accident in West Palm Beach. He later died in the hospital. Can I file a wrongful death lawsuit against the drunk driver who caused the crash?

A: First, we want to extend our condolences for your loss. We can only imagine how difficult this time must be for you.

In Florida, the “survivors” who can obtain damages in a wrongful death suit include the surviving spouse, children and parents, as well as blood relatives or adopted siblings who are dependant on the decedent for support or services.

Unfortunately, the Florida Wrongful Death Statute does not list a fiancée as an eligible survivor. Our wrongful death lawyers at Fetterman & Associates advocate on behalf of family members in this situation. Contact us online or call 561-845-2510 today to see how we can help.

Get Help Now

contact boder

Frequently Asked Questions

You’ve Got Questions?
We’ve Got Answers.
Click the button below
to get started.

Personal Injury FAQs