Call Us for a Free Case Evaluation


Q: I was a passenger in a West Palm Beach car wreck. Who pays for my injuries?

car wreck injuriesA: If you were riding in a car that has been involved in a Florida auto accident, you are eligible to receive compensation for your injuries. In most cases, the process is essentially the same as if you were operating the vehicle.

Since Florida is a no-fault state, your insurer (in this case, the driver’s insurer) will be responsible to provide compensation for your injuries regardless of who is determined to be at fault in the accident.

However, please be aware that the insurance company is not going to willingly hand you over all the money you may need to take care of your medical needs, especially if the injuries you sustained are severe or life-long.

In this case, the insurance company may offer you a payout that they claim will cover your injuries. Although this may seem tempting, DO NOT SIGN ANYTHING until you consult with a West Palm Beach accident attorney about your injuries.

Read Also

Q: Is jaywalking illegal in Florida?

A: Jaywalking is a commonly used term that refers to crossing a street in a manner that violates traffic laws, such as crossing a street mid-block, or acting in a reckless manner, such as crossing in front of vehicles and disregarding traffic signals. While walking recklessly is illegal, crossing between signals is allowable in certain circumstances.

The Florida Department of Transportation states that pedestrians may cross mid-block under the following circumstances:

  • Pedestrians may cross mid-block if the nearest intersection does not have a traffic signal.
  • Pedestrians may not cross between adjacent signalized intersections.
  • Pedestrians must yield to all vehicles on the roadway.
  • Pedestrians must cross at right angles to the roadway, or by the shortest route possible to reach the opposite side.

If you have been seriously injured in a Florida pedestrian car crash, you need to seek legal counsel. Contact a West Palm Beach car crash lawyer at Fetterman & Associates at 561-845-2510.

Related Posts:

How To Determine Fault In A Pedestrian Accident

Get Help Now

contact boder

Frequently Asked Questions

You’ve Got Questions?
We’ve Got Answers.
Click the button below
to get started.

Personal Injury FAQs